|EVENT REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION.
You are registered for this Special Speaker Event (SSE)
presented and sponsored by
The Greater Los Angeles Writers Society.
This event is FREE.
All you need to participate is:
- A desktop, laptop, or tablet-style computer
- A screen large enough to clearly view the presentation
- A reliable WiFi, Ethernet, or USB connection to the internet.
- A up-to-date web browser, such as Chrome, or Firefox.
- A speaker / headphones on your computer to hear the presentation
- A quality microphone connected to your computer if you the forum provides the opportunity to ask questions
- Suitable lighting so you are clearly and cleanly visible.
- A background suitable for your environment and sharing Online.
GLAWS utilizes the ZOOM Virtual Meeting Platform.
If Zoom is a new platform for you, please review the tutorials in advance.
Getting Started with Zoom Meetings and Webinars
It is easy to set up your own free account and preset your own preferences.
- Observe a professional decorum.
- Expect to be "on camera" and please
- Please keep your audio muted during the session.
- Though we request that you have your video ON during our meeting, if your video is distracting we reserve the right to turn your camera off or even remove you from the meeting.
- Do not eat or drink or play with pets in front of the camera.
- Do not use the "Chat" or "Q&A" windows for personal converations between audience members.
- Do not walk around with a mobile device
- No noisy pets, children, or other distractions
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- Readmittance may not be permitted.
The day of the SSE, use the link below to access the waiting room.
You will first land in our virtual waiting room, then be ushered into the event.
You are invited to a Special Event for Writers
"Great Beginnings - How Professional Editors Work"Topic:
GLAWS LIVE READ & CRITIQUE Event
Saturday January 22, 2022 02:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join us as a panel of professional editors review and critique sample pages of writers’ work LIVE and discuss their rationale. This is a unique opportunity for you to learn how real pros consider the material and intent of the author, then offer improvements, from grammar to structure to storytelling, and more.
If you submit your page in advance and it is approved for use, it will be projected on a big screen or via Zoom as it is read aloud, so the audience can follow along and learn from the pros to help improve your own writing. The panel will also take as many questions as time permits.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 879 8402 3689
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,87984023689#,,,,*605920# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,87984023689#,,,,*605920# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 879 8402 3689
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kes4ZnUGFz
|We look forward to your participation and
trust this event will be
an educational and inspirational contribution to your success as a writer!